Years as a Realtor®: 19
Designations: ABR, CRS, SRES, SFR
Primary board membership: Canopy Realtor® Association
Positions, committee service and other activities
- Canopy Association Board of Directors (2019-present)
- Nominating, Election & Bylaws Committee (2019)
- Canopy MLS Board of Directors (2017)
- Canopy MLS Advisory Group (2017)
- Diversity Council (2006, 2008-2009, 2014 Chair, 2017-2018)
- Professional Standards Committee (2015)
- Leadership Development (1999-2006)
- Fair & Affordable Advisory Group (2008)
- NC REALTORS® Board of Directors (2004)
- Leadership Academy Graduate (2003)
Affiliation with other associations, professional organizations, civic or community activities, and accomplishments
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority (Social Action Committee – Strategic Planning, Gun Violence, Voter Registration, Affordable Housing, Incarceration)
- New Life Empowerment Center board member
- Minority Supplier Development Council member and mentor
Active, Broad-Minded, Effective Listener, Passionate
Charisma’s definition of leadership
Leadership is the ability to motivate, inspire and be of service to others to achieve goals for a shared vision of a better future. A good leader should behold vision, passion and courage; all while encompassing integrity, transparence and humility. Leaders should leverage their influence for a greater good to transform other people’s lives.
My vision for the association is to help Canopy Association and MLS to become one of the strongest MLSs in the Carolinas and to attract other associations with aligned synergies. I aim to show the value that the association provides to its members by improving communication and inspiring confidence and trust within our association. Most importantly, the association most place a priority on promoting diversity, equity and inclusion for all its members so that we can better serve our clients and our communities.
A few words from Charisma...
“I’ve been a REALTOR® for over 19 years having ran my own boutique real estate company before joining an independent brokerage two years ago. The passion I have in serving our industry is reflected in my positions on various committees, volunteer roles and community outreach. Our business is a relationship business, and I believe in a strong community with our members to better understand the needs of our industry and seize opportunities to find solutions.
Over the years I’ve developed a great appreciation for the Canopy Realtor® Association and the role it plays in our industry. We deserve active leaders and effective listeners that will advocate for all its members.
I want to show new and existing members that the Canopy Board is diverse and that it reflects Charlotte. With that being said, being diverse is not just about the way I look, but it’s about the way I think. I'm open-minded and think outside the box. I will bring a new way of thinking to the table.
Thank you for your support and vote.”