May 2, 2019
Parking options at the Association have expanded with the opening of our new deck!
The deck is only available to enter and exit from the Greenwood Cliff side. To reach the parking deck entrance, turn onto Pearl Park Way from Kenilworth, then take a left on Berkeley, and then a right on Greenwood Cliff. The deck is on the right.
When using the deck it is important to note the following:
- Levels P1 through P4 are designated for parking.
- There is no parking on the Service Level or P5. This is designated for contractors only.
- There are no elevators in the deck. If you need handicapped parking, there are spaces available in the Association's surface parking lot.
- Please lock your car and do not keep valuables in it.
- The new headquarters is not open and is not accessible from the parking deck.
- Only use the stairwell on the Greenwood Cliff side of the deck.
Parking is also available in the surface lots immediately surrounding the current Association building (see map above). To access these spots, turn onto Pearl Park Way from Kenilworth, then take a left on Berkeley, and then take a left into the parking lot.
For your own safety, DO NOT park along Pearl Park Way. This is part of the construction area and is designated for construction workers ONLY.
We appreciate your patience during this exciting time for our Association!
January 29, 2019
The following information was furnished by Pappas Properties:
- The first building underway at the corner of Kenilworth Avenue and Harding Place is a medical office building for Atrium Health. Atrium has previously announced the building will house the Sanger Heart & Vascular Institute. Delivery is expected late 2020 and the tower crane is going up the week of Jan. 28.
- A second medical office building, for additional Atrium physician practices, will face Harding Place. Delivery is expected late 2020, and construction will begin second quarter 2019.
- A parking deck that serves both office buildings will generally sit where the CRRA “Fish Fry” lot is located.
- Future development on the Pearl Park Way and Kenilworth frontage is expected to include corporate office space and a hotel. The ground level of buildings along Pearl Park Way facing Pearl Park is planned to be primarily restaurants. Other tenants will be announced in the future.
- Phase II of Pearl Park Way, which will extend the street to Baxter Street and provide a connection to McDowell Street, is planned for construction during second quarter 2019.
- Mecklenburg County is in the design stage of a complete renovation of Pearl Park that is expected to begin construction later this year.
November 5, 2018
Click the image below to read the latest floor-by-floor breakdown of the new CRRA headquarters building!
October 30, 2018
Atrium Health's new outpatient facility will be a part of the Midtown development where our new office headquarters will be located. Read more on The Charlotte Observer.
August 22, 2018
Below is a view of your Association’s new headquarters from Pearl Street Park. Construction has also begun to build the new Pearl Park Way, which will connect Kenilworth Avenue to Baxter Street.
At this time, 75 percent of the parking structure has been installed by Tindall, a precast concrete company. That’s over 200 pieces of precast concrete!
If the weather cooperates and deliveries and other factors do not impede construction, the parking deck structure will be completed by the end of August.
The image below shows the future entrance to the parking deck from Pearl Park Way. There will be 214+ parking spaces in the deck. Other LEED certified features include green vehicle parking spaces, electric charging stations and bicycle facilities.
Here is a view of the parking deck from the other side (Greenwood Cliff):
The weather barrier product and flashings are currently being installed. From this point onward, the building will be constructed from the top down.
- 720 sheets of sheathing
- 23,026 square feet of both weather barrier and insulation will be used
- 69 window frames will be installed
The building's roof will be finished soon. Four rooftop HVAC units have been set into place that will handle the ventilation for all floors.
Framing for the beautiful terrace will begin the week of August 20.
The interior walls are being worked on along with the plumbing, electrical and HVAC systems.
Here is an aerial view provided by Terwilliger Pappas:
Concrete has been poured! The photo below is a view from the second floor where the Realtor® Store will be located.
As you can see from the photo below, Myers & Chapman is following a construction tradition by placing an American flag atop our new building. A flag or tree is often placed to symbolize that the last piece of steel has been erected.
A structural beam with fireproofing applied:
A photo taken Friday, June 29 showing the external framework going up that will support the tri-color metal panels:
The actual metal panels in their true colors and style of glass that will be used in the new headquarters are on display near the construction trailer. All are welcome to take a look.
We’re happy to share the latest rendering that now includes the parking deck. The concept for the deck is to give a macro view of the city and region. The facade features a combination of metal panels and intersecting icons. The intersecting icons look like roads/major arteries representing a North/South and East/West Gridline that are skewed to represent the angled grid of Uptown. An arbitrary line cuts across to reflect Charlotte’s ever-growing suburban community and beyond. The metal panels represent our diverse community and neighborhoods.
- 1,388 metal panels will be used on the facade
- 644 panes of glass
- 285 pieces of precast concrete for the parking deck
- 214+ parking spaces in the Association’s deck, with 50 more in a shared deck
We have installed a time-lapse camera on the roof to capture the construction of the new headquarters over time. Check out footage from the first two months of construction below!
Frequently Asked Questions
What's happening with the construction? When will the new building be finished? What about parking?
Find out the answers to these questions and more in our Frequently Asked Questions document!
Charlotte Business Journal, Feb. 8, New head of CRRA talks spring market, hot spots and new HQ in midtown
Charlotte Observer, March 16, Check out the newest office building coming to Charlotte. Construction starts soon.
Charlotte Business Journal, March 21, Charlotte Regional Realtor® Association breaks ground on new HQ as developer eyes future office phases
Charlotte Observer, March 21, 'Extreme makeover' of fast-growing Charlotte area continues with another new building
Exterior metal panels
The following Sherwin Williams paint colors will be used for the exterior metal panels for the building and parking deck:
Steel beams erecting
As a member of the Charlotte Regional Realtor® Association, your new headquarters will not only be iconic for our industry, but it will serve as a beacon for the Mingle School of Real Estate and will be a space that enhances member engagement and support.
Click the image below to read information about your new building, including:
- Space renderings
- Square footage
- LEED features
- Key milestones
- And more!
We have ensured that there will be adequate parking throughout the construction process. We will use this page to alert you to any parking lot closures and alternate parking locations as they occur.
Directions to Pearl Park Way/I-277
During construction, direct access to the Pearl Park Way traffic light will not be available from our building. Follow these directions to safely navigate to Pearl Park Way or the I-277 ramps.
Please send any questions or comments to UnderConstruction@carolinahome.com.