A Message from CEO Anne Marie DeCatsye
Dear Association members and MLS subscribers,
Your health and safety are of the utmost importance to us. We are closely monitoring the spread of COVID-19 and its impact on our community. As COVID-19 is predominantly spread through close contact, we implemented precautionary measures out of an abundance of caution as recommended and directed by government and health officials and the N.C. Real Estate Commission in order to protect the health of our staff, members and students.
- We announced that effective Monday, March 16, Canopy Realtor® Association had closed its building to members and visitors in an effort to help mitigate the spread of COVID-19. On March 24, we announced all Association and Canopy MLS staff would work remotely until further notice.
- Canopy Real Estate Institute has suspended all in-person instruction effective immediately after the N.C. Real Estate Commission recommended that all licensed and approved schools and approved education sponsors immediately suspend all in-person instruction through April 30, 2020. Naturally, we understand the concerns and frustrations of our students and hope to have more definitive information shortly to discuss options for completing classes and how this will impact any deadlines licensees may have.
- Business is still being conducted at the Association. We are utilizing all available technology to communicate and host meetings. Association and MLS committees have all been contacted by their staff liaisons to schedule conference calls or videoconferences. The same is occurring for the Boards of Directors of Canopy Realtor® Association, Canopy MLS and Canopy Housing Foundation.
While we all recognize that much of this is out of our control, our spirits remain positive and we know that together we are stronger.
We will continue to monitor the situation and keep everyone informed as things change. In the meantime, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out. And please stay safe!
Membership and Accounting: 704-940-3110 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Canopy MLS Support: 704-940-3159 or email@example.com
Canopy Real Estate Institute: 704-372-2984 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Realtor® Store: 704-940-3126 or email@example.com
The North Carolina Real Estate Commission (NCREC) has approved a set of temporary emergency procedures for real estate schools and course sponsors that were effective on March 26.
Canopy Real Estate Institute now offers online continuing-education classes for the GENUP, BICUP and elective courses!
Online MLS Technology Training
Learn how to use more digital tools during this time of limited in-person contact.
While we cannot offer in-person training, we have ramped up our online schedule.
Learn how you can enhance and keep your business growing with our suite of digital technology.
You can also schedule a virtual office visit (webinar-style) by emailing our Canopy MLS Broker Relations Team below.
Stay Up on the Market
Position yourself as a market expert and use SAM to create fast and easy reports, charts and presentations about the current market. SAM is an interactive market analytics Web tool for custom documents, and is one of the many valuable benefits of being a Canopy MLS Subscriber.
Click here to work with SAM. You will be asked for your Canopy MLS login and password.
Questions? Email Kim Walker.
Are you taking advantage of your free Inman Select subscription to get the most up-to-date real estate news during this time? You can sign-up here.
Rescheduled or Canceled Events
- Realtor® EXPO has been rescheduled for Wednesday, May 20 at the Charlotte Convention Center.
- The April 7 Diversity Council 2020 Kick-off has been canceled.
- The April 24 Realtors® Care Day has been canceled.
NC REALTORS®: COVID-19 Status Updates
City of Charlotte: COVID-19 Updates
Mecklenburg County Health Department: COVID-19 Info
N.C. Department of Health and Human Services: COVID-19 Response in N.C.
Centers for Disease Control (CDC): Coronavirus (COVID-19)